- Assists with coordinating and tracking the flow of goods purchased for client interiors/exteriors design projects - from acquisition to delivery, project close-out and billing activities for FFE categories and custom materials ; Creates purchase orders, coordinates expediting and tracking process; ensures orders are processed in accordance with the organization's customer service standards; initiates fiscal forms, orders supplies and equipment. prepares and processes records
- Processes daily shipments and deliveries expeditiously - including scheduling, receiving, coordinating, and inspecting all goods purchased for client projects.Processes damages and returns of merchandise.
- Interfaces with major delivery carriers and couriers.
- Maintains company databases, records and reports; Enters information into order management, project management and tracking software; interfaces with client billing systems; Eextracts data, verifies corrects records; Maintains up-to-date delivery dates in systems; Assists with reconciling and basic accoun ting functions. Creates reports.
- Plans, enters, tracks and processes physical inventories of property and records inventory flow-through; Enters and t racks costs, expenses and other goods related to managing company assets and purchases; coordinates off-site warehouse communications and relationships related to client project inventories.
- Interfaces with and assists with Vendor/Supplier Management, set-up and coordination including maintaining price-lists, databases, materials data and other supplier information. Contacts suppliers to obtain product of service information, validates pricing and ship dates. Follows up on late deliveries and backordered items.
- Provides direct administrative and clerical support for procurement manager, project management and the company overall; develops correspondence and maintains fiscal controls, budgets and other reports/documentation; develops communications and coordinates arrangements; reviews project management reports and schedules; Performs driving and delivery errands as necessary.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding clients and client projects where advised.
- Completion of Associate’s degree or course of study in Business, Supply Chain Management or equivalent with focus in procurement /purchasing or related discipline
- 2-5 years of work experience in purchasing, procurement or closely related area, processing and tracking of numbers, item SKUs and pricing data
- 4-5 years’ experience in clerical/administrative or data-entry functions handling high volumes of item entry and other information
- Skill in entering and recording information with accuracy and focus on details; Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience tracking and monitoring project progress and deadlines; experience communicating with team members regarding project follow-up and completion of tasks
- Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze purchasing and fiscal data; ability to gather facts, draw conclusions and make recommendations; ability to quickly assess and develop solutions to issues that arise
- Personable, exhibits skill in developing and managing positive client/supplier relationships; is responsive to internal and external clients; Self-directed, motivated, and able to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, open environment; experience interfacing effectively with clients/customers, suppliers and business partners
- Must be able to lift, move and carry materials weighing 15 lbs. and more
- Valid driver’s license required
Software skills required:Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, purchasing/procurement (order-entry, purchase ordering, etc.) software.
Preferred software tools skills:Studio Webware or comparable purchasing processing software, experience with on-line project collaboration software tools (e.g. ASANA, etc.) highly preferred. Preferred Experience:
- Experience entering and managing broad item number database for tracking goods
- Experience in answering customer service questions and trouble-shooting solutions to issues
- Familiar with Interior design field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Familiarity/Knowledge of specific purchasing practices within furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) commodities of goods and vendor and contractor management
- Experience tracking and managing FFE inventories
- Familiarity with project tracking and basic project management practices
Crimson Design Group is looking for a talented and motivated interior designer to join our growing team of professionals who bring fresh perspectives to positively impact clients' lives through design.You will conceptualize ideas, develop unique design applications and solutions for interior and exterior living spaces, work closely with clients, manage projects and collaborate with internal and external teams and partners to ensure design integrity and client satisfaction. Successful candidates will have strong design creative and technical skills, excellent communication skills, be organized and take initiative in helping influence design decisions. Experience in residential and commercial interiors is required. Previous experience with technology tools and project management software is also required.Responsibilities
- Develops plans and design for the interiors of residential, commercial or industrial buildings based on needs of client.
- Creates functional and aesthetic design that enhance living spaces, help boost productivity, increase sales or attract customers.
- Plans use and layout of space and designing with color, furniture, fixtures etc.
- Develops drawings, presentations, cost estimates and proposals and coordinates the work of contractors; coordinates installations.
- Initiates and manages relationships with clients and partners and is focused on delivering detail-oriented expert level of client service.
- Tracks projects, timelines, budgets and progress and prepares reports and communications for internal teams and clients; manages multiple projects and multiple deadlines.
- Participates in team projects and strategic business growth initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- 4-Year college degree in Interior Design (Bachelor's degree) or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in the field or a related area with a consulting firm or other design organization.
- Familiar with interior design field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Have knowledge of all aspects of interior design including improvement design, space planning, programming, color and material selections, furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) and vendor and contractor management.
- Have expertise in luxury specialities and fine furnishings.
- Experienced with researching, selecting and specifying materials and finishes; furniture selections and specifications; familiarity with developing custom environments and pieces a plus.
- Experienced in coordinating interior design elements including lighting, artwork and environmental graphics.
- Experienced in generating and leading projects and project teams; working in a consulting role and client-billing framework business experience a must.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and effective client relationship skills and talent for working with diverse teams of designers and contractors; Creation of presentations book and materials.
- Be proficient in sketching and rendering skills to communicate ideas.
- Software skills required -AutoCAD, Microsoft Office programs, Adobe -Preferred skills: Studio Webware, In Design, Photoshop and sketch software.
- Able to work in a collaborative, open environment; successful candidate will be team-oriented, self-directed and dependable.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A high degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Capable of handling multiple and conflicting tasks, is detail-oriented and focused on delivering distinctive client service.
Interior Design: 3 years